Friday, January 09, 2009

RSS Readers

I know some of my readers have never used a RSS reader before. My coworker posted instructions on his blog on how to use them and I thought that it might be a good thing to share with my readers as well.

What it is:
Basically, you subscribe to news sites and blogs, and the postings are delivered to your reader so that you don't have to surf to several pages or have to view all the ads and other nonsense on the page. Also, the reader retrieves them for you and usually delivers the articles as fast as they are posted to the site. You can place them into different categories to make browsing them simpler.

How to get it:
There are many available. I use google's reader, as I can check it from anywhere I have internet access (you don't have to install it on your computer). It is free and you can obtain it at the following link: http://www.google.com/reader

How to subscribe:
Most sites will have a feed link on them. Mine is http://oddthoughtsandrants.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default. If you see a symbol that looks like this: , you can click on it to subscribe, also.  

0 Comments: